Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Very Beginning


Today was very surreal, I came to the realization that I’ve actually been selected to participate in this year’s Women and Leadership program at Brown University. As a freshman I would only dream about this type of experience, but now here I am. I am so grateful to have been selected to a program that I am so passionate about since I aspire to be an advocate for women not only in my community, but all around the world as well.  

At 11:45 AM I met up with Don and my cohort, (Amelia, Esmeralda, Bianche, and Zunarah) at the San Pablo public library to set up our blogs, scan IDs, and take pictures. Even though the weather was crazy, with on and off raining and hailing. We still managed to get some very nice photos of us all together, even if our eyes were closed. However, the tutorial was very helpful, and I got clarity on how to direct the website.
My Cohort and I trying to keep our eyes open.
While Don was going over the rules and everything else we needed to know I was so impressed with how much work is put into the program. This seriously takes a lot of effort. The information provided to me today was extremely useful, not just for ILCers strictly, but also other experiences I may need it for.

Deciding what the theme, template, and colors of our blog was fairly easy since we aren’t that picky. Personally I think that our blog site looks super cute, and it’s going to be so fun documenting my experiences and growth.

I love my cohort, and I can’t wait to go to Brown with them. They are all such nice and inspiring people who I get along with so well. The whole day I was fantasizing about what this summer is going to be like, my dorm, the experience, even the plane ride!

Even though this is just the beginning of the amazing journey ahead of me, I am still so excited for the events that are going to take place this year. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelsey,

    Your excitement really shines through in your post. Also, I love the second photo - the one both you and Amelia posted.

    Happy we selected all five of you and looking forward to reading about all of your journeys this summer.

    ReplyDelete