Thursday, August 3, 2017

Waiting for the Waterworks

It's my second to last day here, and a feeling of nostalgia has washed over me. All day I've been counting my lasts. My last time showering at the dorm, my last time walking  back to the dorm from class. I can't help but feel sad. I'm 100% certain that I will be bawling later.

I walked to what would be one of my last meals at the Ratty (one of the very few things I am relieved about), and made one of my final walks to my class, over at List Hall, with my amazing professor Mary Grace Almandrez. What seemed to have been two weeks ago, somehow passed by with a blink of the eye. I was assigned my action plan two weeks ago, and tomorrow I will  be presenting it.

Today in class we focused on practicing our action plan presentations. Once again, all my classmates continued to blow me away with their passions, talents, and confidence. After listening to my peers for about half an hour, it was my turn to present. Knowing that this was just a rehearsal, I had a general idea of what I was going to do.  I did relatively well, and made mistakes, desiring feeedback.
I received quite a bit of commentary, which is always welcome.

We then went off to lunch and just casually enjoyed the beautiful weather. My friend Sarika snd I got to go boxes, and just under a tree in the Quiet Green.All I wanted was to take a nap in the sun, which I still haven't done yet.

Resuming class was an amazing experience today We initially sat around the the classroom talking to w, how. Our assignment was to create a meme, design memes of anything else. We then alo. you must be hanging out with one or just writing em. We  honestly all wanted to cry, but we chose to keep our tears ready for backpacking. 

Women and Leadership



No comments:

Post a Comment