Wednesday, July 19, 2017

And So it Begins

The day I have been waiting for since February has finally arrived. In just a few hours, I'll be on that plane headed to Philadelphia. I've spent the past two days packing, and if it weren't for my mom and Noor helping me all day yesterday, I would probably still be packing. As much as I would like to relax, I can't help but feel a bit anxious. I've checked and rechecked my bags, and every time I try to relax, I would remember something else to do. Surprisingly, my luggage is at 40 pounds despite the amount of stuff a packed, so that's great. Now, I am finally (hopefully) all prepared and am now just waiting for the time to pass by.
If I were to describe how I feel, it would probably be bittersweet. The past 5 months, I have felt nothing but excitement every time I would think about going to Brown; however, now that the time is finally here, I feel a mix of emotions. I feel slightly anxious, a bit queasy, but mostly impatient. These next few hours are going to go by incredibly slow, and I most likely will take a nap. I would really just like to get past all the flying and have the trip begin, but I guess that's why they say patience is a virtue.

Despite all the thoughts I've been having of what could go wrong, I have no doubt that I am going to have an amazing time at Brown. What I've dreamt of doing the past two years is finally becoming a reality, and I really can't wait. I hope to grow throughout this course and come back changed, for the better of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment