Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock..

All day I’ve been checking my packing lists twice, making sure I don’t forget anything important. I’ve weighed my bag a few times and I’m confident that I won’t have to awkwardly unpack things at El Cerrito later tonight. I keep on compulsively checking the clock, and I have that nervous feeling you get right before something big is about to happen. I’ve also been super excited and dancing around my house to music. I’ve been looking forward to this opportunity for so long now, and now that’s it’s here I’m not sure how to react. I’m so restless I have no idea how I’m going to get any sleep.

My cat Oliver has been so frustrated with me lately, since I’ve been busy packing and haven’t had the time to really give him a lot of attention. Earlier today when I left the room and came back he protested by sitting on top of my suitcase. He’s also been meowing like crazy all day. I think he knows now that when a suitcase comes out of the garage, someone’s leaving.

Oliver protesting against my departure.
I spent my last day in California going out to eat at one my most favorite restaurants in the Bay. Café Colucci! It’s an Ethiopian restaurant in Oakland that I have to go to at least every other month or so. So many different spices and flavors are blended into the cooking and every time I take a bite I go on an adventure of different flavors. It is absolutely delicious! I would recommend anyone to at least try it once!

Two weeks from now I hope to come back a different me. A stronger, more enlightened me. And I hope that when I do come back that I can share all of my newly acquired knowledge with others in my community. I’ll probably be looking back on these blogs, and thinking about how much I’ve changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment